There are a variety of public safety related volunteer opportunities available. Below are a few ways to get involved. Other opportunities will be posted here as information is provided. Check back often.
How you can help . . .
1) Utilize the Flint Police Department Citizen’s Online Police Reporting System to report non-emergency complaints where there are no known suspects. Click here to learn how.
2) Call 2-1-1 instead of 9-1-1 for quick access to hundreds of community services that are non-essential (non-police) service calls that can be handled by other service providers in the city.
3) Participate in a neighborhood Safety Watch. Click here to learn more.
4) Join a block club. No block club in your neighborhood? Establish one.
5) Establish a Neighborhood Watch in your neighborhood.
6) Familiarize yourself with the principles of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED);conduct a neighborhood CPTED survey and then work with others in the area to address vulnerable areas.
7) Register your block club and/or Neighborhood Watch program with the City.
8) Make sure your block club or neighborhood association president or representative is participating in Flint Neighborhoods United.
9) Volunteer individually or as part of a civic, school, faith-based or neighborhood group to help eliminate blight in Flint’s residential areas.
10) Help Flint recognize and thank the many volunteers who give their time and energy in service to the City.